Nelson Mandela’s GrandSon, Mandla Reportedly Converts To Islam

The Muslim cleric who performed the wedding ceremony of Nelson Mandela’s grandson Mandla Mandela yesterday, says the 42-year-old converted to Islam last year, South Africa’s private IOL news site reports.

“I can say that it was an honour for me to perform the marriage ceremony for the grandson of our great leader Nelson Mandela,” said Sheikh Ebrahim Gabriels, who performed the ceremony at a mosque in Cape Town on Saturday.
IOL reports that the cleric would not be drawn on the dowry paid by Mr Mandela, saying only that it had been “agreed between the husband and wife”.

Mr Mandela – an MP and a traditional ruler – has not yet commented on his faith.

Mr. President, Are You For Real? – Etcetera Comes For President Buhari Over Generator Ban

Who else agrees with me that Etcetera is making a whole lot of sense here?

Dear President Buhari, I will like to extend an invitation to you for a tour of down town, so that you can have a clear view of what the people who voted you into office feel about certain decision your government has taken so far, especially the decision to ban ‘I-pass-my-neighbour generator’.

Contrary to the picture your advisers have painted to you, the decision to ban ‘I-pass-my neighbour’ generators will only bring more hardship to the people down here who have never in any way, benefitted from the Nigerian government at any time. The little hope that your “change” mantra brought to the poor man is fast becoming another tale in the book of presidential lies.

So, for you to really understand the ramification of your decision, I urge you to come for a quick tour of down town. Don’t worry sir; it won’t cost you a thing. We will ensure that your visit is as comfortable as we can. Yes, we know you don’t take ‘shepe’ or ‘mishango’ or ‘Ghana root’ mixed with ‘draw-draw’. But don’t worry, we will have enough pure water available for you to cool your feet, wash your face and quench your thirst.

It is true that the streets down here are littered with broken water pipes and heaps of smelly refuse dumps as a result of lack of government presence. But babu wahala, we will see to it that your danshiki doesn’t get so messed up.

It will be nice to have you address the youths and explain to them why you have taken the decision to throw our streets into darkness and expose us to more terror from armed robbers. Sir, have you considered the amount of small business operators that will be incapacitated by the ban you have imposed on ‘I-pass-my-neighbour generators’? Come sir, and see for yourself how many families will lose their source of livelihood simply because they cannot afford to purchase the bigger generators.

Sir, what becomes of the barber, the hair dresser, the recharge card seller whose business is run with ‘I-pass-my-neighbour’ generator? Have you considered the difference between N10, 000 generator and a N50, 000 generator? Do you think the people are happy using ‘I-pass-my-neighbour generators? Someone who earns as low as N15, 000 monthly, how do you expect him to buy and maintain a N50, 000 generator?

You should also consider they have other needs. I think this is a wrong move and one that will drive most self-employed youths into armed robbery and other illegal activities.
And ‘I-pass-my-neighbour generator kills? Hmmmm Mr. President, I thought hunger and bad roads have killed more Nigerians than generators? How come you haven’t placed a ban on hunger and bad roads? Is this a part of the “change” we should expect from this regime? Is this one of the groundbreaking ideas given to you by the new minister for power? How do we achieve steady supply of electricity by banning smaller generators?

What I see here sir, is the government favouring the rich against the poor. The importers of bigger generator will no doubt see this as a welcome idea; that is if they didn’t lobby for it. This is one of the most insensitive decisions taken by any Nigerian government. Shouldn’t it be a general ban on generators?

Is it that punishing the poor has become a goal in itself for the government? Too many affluent Nigerians – and, in particular, members of the political elite – seem to have no sense of how much suffering is down here on the streets.

Little wonder the governors woke up one morning and decided that they can no longer pay the N18, 000 minimum wage of workers. For these governors, what is really striking is the total disconnect between conventional wisdom and the reality of life – and death – for much of the nation. It is like there’s a badge of wickedness on the forehead of our politicians.
Sir, what we want is for you politicians to stop talking blithely about the importance of alleviating the sufferings of the masses and truly start looking at the way their less-fortunate citizens live.

Biafra Died In 1970, You Cannot Bring It Back – Ohaneze Tells Igbo Youths

The apex lgbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohaneze Ndigbo, on Friday warned youths in the South-East and the South South to stop their agitation for Biafra.

According to the group, any plan of secession will not work this time. Chairman, forum of state presidents of Ohaneze in the seven Igbo speaking states, Elder Chris Eluemunoh, told the region to give President Muhammadu Buhari the needed support to perform, saying Ohaneze will never back agitation of Biafra.

There have been demonstrations in some states of the South following the arrest of leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu. Members of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) have joined the group in solidarity. But Eluemunoh said, “Ohaneze as Igbo cultural group cannot support insurgency, we are totally against it and we will never support it.

“Anybody that has any issue with the federal government should go for dialogue with the president and that is why we went for national conference, Nigeria is a one united country and we do not want any other. “I believe what the youths are doing is to call the attention of the president to see the infrastructural decay in the zone, this region has been abandoned and neglected and not by Buhari, but by previous administrations started by Olusegun Obasanjo which Goodluck Jonathan also tried to bring back. “Ohaneze is calling on the federal government to declare state of emergency in the zone on roads for purposes of infrastructural development and that is what the youths are saying, we believe and not secession.

“Our president should forget what happened in the last election and Ohaneze is going to give him full support through prayers and other means and in making sure that Nigeria stays as one indivisible entity.

“Therefore, the youths should stop such agitations for Biafra because Biafra died in 1970 and we are saying it again that Ohaneze will never support it,” Eluemunoh warned. Ohaneze stated that if Nnamdi Kanu and others who were spearheading such agitation had committed any offence, they should face the law, otherwise be freed. The group warned that restiveness by the youths could stop if roads like Oba-Okigwe road, Owerri – Portharcourt road which Ohaneze described as the worst in Nigeria were fixed. “What they call agitation for Biafra is not in the dictionary of Ohaneze Ndigbo and we will never give it a look in, what Ohaneze is saying is that president Buhari’s administration should be supported to move this country forward,” said Eluemunoh.

Man Commits Suicide After Killing His Twin Daughters & Father In Law

OLAZY'S

A 28-year-old man shot his girlfriend, their twin babies, and girfriend’s father before killing himself on November 13 in Jacksonville, Florida, USA.

Megan and her father on the right pic before he was slain by her lover.

Megan Hiatt, 22, lost her five-month-old twins, Hayden Rose and Kayden Reese Hiatt, and her father, Travis James Hiatt, 49, in a murder-suicide attack by her boyfriend Gawain Rushane Wilson, 28. Ms Hiatt is the only survivor of the blood-curdling shooting and is currently in critical condition at hospital.

She was reportedly shot at least five times and lost part of her Bosom  in the shooting. Recounting her daughter’s words Melissa Batch said: “‘Mama, he killed them. He killed them in my arms. He made me hold them when he killed them. He made me watch.’”
He wanted to destroy her world. He wanted her to watch it be destroyed. And only God…

View original post 147 more words

Man Commits Suicide After Killing His Twin Daughters & Father In Law

A 28-year-old man shot his girlfriend, their twin babies, and girfriend’s father before killing himself on November 13 in Jacksonville, Florida, USA.

Megan and her father on the right pic before he was slain by her lover.

Megan Hiatt, 22, lost her five-month-old twins, Hayden Rose and Kayden Reese Hiatt, and her father, Travis James Hiatt, 49, in a murder-suicide attack by her boyfriend Gawain Rushane Wilson, 28. Ms Hiatt is the only survivor of the blood-curdling shooting and is currently in critical condition at hospital.

She was reportedly shot at least five times and lost part of her Bosom  in the shooting. Recounting her daughter’s words Melissa Batch said: “‘Mama, he killed them. He killed them in my arms. He made me hold them when he killed them. He made me watch.’”
He wanted to destroy her world. He wanted her to watch it be destroyed. And only God gave Megan the strength to drag her body across the room. She had to crawl through her babies’ blood, then through the shooter’s blood, and to her dad to hear his last words,” Bateh added.

Bateh said that there were warning signs before the killings. Wilson always was controlling, he used to take away her daughter’s phone, refused her access to the car, broke her things when angry, Besides, he was verbally abusive, calling her Hiatt fat days after she gave birth to their daughters.

It turned out that Wilson had a prior history of domestic violence. In 2013 he was arrested for strangulation, for which he served two days in jail. Police believe that attack may have been sparked by a domestic row. While Hiatt is still fighting for her life friends and family have set up a GoFundMe page for medical costs and funeral expenses.

My Country Has Abandoned Me” – Samson Siasia In Agony Over Mum’s Abduction

The Chief Coach of Dream Team VI, Samson Siasia has cried out that he is gradually losing hope on the release of his mother since those who are supposed to take the matter very seriously have not even deemed it fit to contact him or his family on the issue.

Speaking to the Nation, Siasia said the abductors of his mother, Madam Beauty Ogere Siasia, are still insisting that he must cough out N150m if he wants to see her again.

Quote
“My friend as I speak with you my faith in getting my mother released from the kidnappers’ den is fast diminishing because those that supposed to handle the matter
since I am on national duty seems not to be concerned at all.

My family contact that is discussing with the kidnappers is still discussing with them and they have not changed their position on the N150 million ransom request. But all my hope is in God Almighty to touch the hearts of the kidnappers to free my mum.

My State government has not said anything about the matter and the worst scenario is that the National Sports Commission, led by the Minister of Youths and Sports Solomon Dalung and the Director General of the NSC Mallam Al-Hassan Yakmut has not called me or any member of my family to identify with us in this our trying period. I am not happy at all. It is very sad”, Siasia told NationSport yesterday morning from Gambia.

I have not yet had anything from the Federal Government on what they are trying to do to rescue my mother. At least everybody knows that I am on national duty and I am very worried about my mother while here in Gambia. I have not heard anything and I want to know what they are doing on my behalf”,

Siasia cried out.

Samson Siasia’s junior brother Moses Siloko Siasia who is also one of the Governorship candidates for the forthcoming Bayelsa State’s elections also revealed to NationSport yesterday that the Federal Government and Bayelsa State Government have allegedly abandoned his family on this matter.

“The Governor of Bayelsa State Seriake willieson has not called any member of the family nor any of his aides have done so at least to show love, affection and identify with us and also proffer ways of solving this problem. It’s only the DSS (Department of Stare Services) that have come to our aid that have been assisting us”, the People’s Democratic Movement Gubernatorial flag bearer for Bayelsa also disclosed